Rental Scissor Lift FAQs
Most contractors and DIY developers are often conflicted over whether to buy or rent scissor lifts. However, this dilemma springs from their incomprehension of the scissor lift rental process. Below are some scissor lift hire FAQs to help you understand this process.
1. What Are The Benefits Of Renting A Scissor Lift?
Renting a scissor lift helps you avoid the scissor lift buying costs. Therefore, you do not have to spend your operating capital on buying a scissor lift. Moreover, you do not have to incur equipment maintenance costs since scissor lift companies provide well-maintained equipment. You also avoid insurance, depreciation, and operation costs. Scissor lift rental suits people who need different types of scissor lifts. For instance, you could need a fossil fuel-powered scissor lift when commencing your project. However, you could use an electric or pneumatic-powered scissor lift once you install a power connection at the site.
2. Where Can You Hire Scissor Lifts?
A Google search will reveal many scissor lift rental companies in your locality. However, how do you choose a suitable service provider? Below are some pointers;
- Check the company's reputation and certifications. For instance, a company accredited by a contractor's association is bound to offer quality services.
- Does the company offer wet and dry hire arrangements? It gives you the flexibility to use the scissor lift with or without an operator.
- Does the company restrict how clients can use the scissor lift? For instance, some companies probity you from moving the lift from your site.
- Check whether the company offers onsite repair and maintenance services. It saves you the hassle of hiring scissor lift mechanics when the equipment breaks down.
- Ensure the rental scissor lift has comprehensive insurance coverage.
Remember to inspect the scissor lift. For instance, it should not have worn-out tires or hydraulic systems. Ask for servicing reports to check whether the equipment has defects that could compromise its safety. As a rule, go for recent models with state-of-the-art technologies.
3. What Are The Scissor Lift Rental Costs?
Most rental companies have competitive pricing. Regardless, you could negotiate the rental costs to suit your financial situation. For instance, you could opt for a fixed daily cost instead of hourly pricing. Alternatively, you could ask the company to offer free transport to the site or discount the daily charge during weekends when the scissor lift is not in use. Most companies will instantly discount the standard charge for long-term hire customers.
Find out more about rental scissor lifts.